Portfolio Transactions in Q2 2017


Here are the update of my transactions is April and May 2017. These 2 transactions are different from my usual investment in REITs as I am trying to invest in other type companies.

Global Investments Limited
In April, I vested in Global Investments Limited which is a mutual investment company. They handle lease assets, loan, bonds, and listed equities. What caught my interest was their distribution payout which for the full year of 2016 was at $0.015. This translated to 10.34% yield at $0.145.

However, after a couple of weeks after my purchase, they announced the distribution will be reduced to $0.0065 for the first half of 2017 in order to be more sustainable. If they distribute the same amount for second half of the year that will translate to 8.96% yield at $0.145.

That is a huge different in yield but it will still be above 8% which I guess still meets the criteria. Definitely not too happy that I am late to the party but will still look forward to the dividend.

GuocoLand Limited
As for the other purchase, it was GuocoLand Limited in May. This is because of a blog post from ASSI which got my interest. Upon looking into it further, I like that their recurring income will be increasing because of their stake Tanjong Pagar Centre and Damansara City. And of course, I am following suit of a strong investor like ASSI.

Summary
Global Investment Limited - 140000 at $0.145
GuocoLand Limited - 2200 at $1.825

Glad that I have invested in them and their prices has risen a little. Next in my list of companies to invest in are AsianPay, Singtel, Kimly Limited, Old Chang Kee and Sanli Environmental Limited. Let me know in the comment section what you think about my transactions and wish list.

Cheers. FI out.

Post a Comment